Individual events will be responsible for specific guidelines as they pertain to their event. Please check individual event websites for details.
The National Western Complex adheres to the recommendation set forth in the US EPA’s Emerging Pathogen Policy regarding cleaning disinfectants effective against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The National Western Complex is taking this very seriously and are following the advised protocols as described by the CDC and WHO.
- The Housekeeping Team will disinfect all “high-touch” surfaces. High touch surfaces include all door handles, doorknobs, push bars, rails, tabletops, benches, bathroom fixtures, toilets and water fountains
- CaterWest and Food Preparation: CaterWest/KM Concessions (our exclusive caterer) is coordinating globally to manage the impact of COVID-19 and protect employees, clients and consumers. Existing rules for food safety, personal hygiene, and infection control will be rigorously followed in order to minimize risk. In addition, any touchable surface including kitchen and public areas will be disinfected before, during, and after show hours. CaterWest/KM Concessions will be managing and communicating with ALL staff in daily pre-shift and safety meetings that are held in every department. Gloves will continue to be worn by all staff prepping and serving food.
How to Protect Yourself
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as Novel Coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing from other as much as possible
- Properly wear a face covering at all time in public, except when eating or drinking in designated zones
How to Protect Others
If you have flu or cold-like symptoms, you can help protect others by doing the following:
- Stay home while you are sick
- Avoid close contact with others
Updated: 2/3/2021, 8:35 a.m.